Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Thursday, September 06, 2007

For those about to knit, we salute you!

I'm in a rock sort of mood, so the title seemed fitting. Just think AC/DC, and rock along to your own version of the lyrics!

Today marks the final day of my posting to this blog. I shall be joining my sister at her blog (finally) which will then become our blog, and we shall rule the blogging world.

Too dramatic?

I'll tone it down a bit. Maybe.

However, I shall not leave you without a decent fairwell (and hope that whomever actually does read this, and keeps up with my sporatic posting, will follow me unto the next weblog.)

I HAVE PICTURES!!!

At long last, I have some pictures to show you what a good knitter I have been. I think I'll just go to town and upload them all, adding small captions underneath to illustrate them. Enjoy, and fair thee well upon thy travels to the new blog, http://www.twistedstitches.typepad.com/!



These two pictures (above and below) are of my mother wearing her cotton summer shirt. It looks so cute on her!



Here is my Eddie, knitting his first hat! I'm so proud of him... He still stands as my fastest learner. He'd be making leaps and bounds toward my skill level if he were a little more motivated to actually knit. He's a trooper for sticking to it, though!



The next four pictures are of me in my newsies hat from Stitch 'N Bitch Nation. The first two are better pictures of the design of the hat, while the second two show the colors truer and the patterning of the multicolored yarn.




Here are a few blasts from the past: A Cardigan for Arwen, which is still in progress, will be picked back up soon. I hope to finish it this fall.



The Minisweater (aka Boobholder)! It's so close to completion, it just got too hot to work on over the summer. Soon, though, soon!

And the final blast from the past (the way-far-back-there-first-sweater-I-ever-started-and-most-likely-to-be-the-last-sweater-I-ever-finish past) the Cool Girls Knit hoodie! Alas, I have yet again run out of yarn. Can you believe this? I'm never going to finish this damnable sweater... But I can't wait until I do! Soon. (Do I sound like a broken record?)

Last, but certainly not least, is a new endeavor. I am beginning a project journal, to tie in with my index of yarn that I've used, and my pattern porfolio. I've got three projects in right now, and am just working diligently to add more.

And before I depart for the final time here, I'd like to give you a slight teaser.

A sweater, so new it still smelled of the yarn shop. A gift, returned. Read next time for the story of the emotional struggles of this poor sweater, and discover its fate.

Binding off (for good).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home