Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Saturday, March 03, 2007

So far I have done about 16 inches of straight st st on the Arwen front. I haven't started the back yet, as I plan to do the tree pattern and need more concentration that I've had in the past week or so. Anyway, this is it:

I got about 3/4 the way finished with the final piece of Ed's boxers, and I ran out of yarn. That's it- no more of the Manos Cotton Stria! *sigh* I'll be ordering more offline sometime soon, but this will have to stay on the needle for some time longer. (I'm sorry babe!)

This lovely little specimen is the first of the Wine and Roses Mitts from the Winter 06 Interweave. I love 'em- I did them in the Lorna's Laces sock yarn. The color is the Purple Club (#701). I love them!

I decided recently to keep a scrapbook of sorts of the yarn that I have used for different projects. Maybe it's just my pack-ratishness, or my OCD kicking in, but I figure it would be a good idea to keep track of the yarn, the colors, and more importantly, the washing instructions, just in case. I've got about 11 pages so far, and 25 different yarns w/ small bits of the yarn as examples. I'm special like that....
In other news, I quit my job at Jimmy John's for various reasons, of which are my grades and sexist harrassment. Yes, I meant sexist. The "men" there tend to pick on/tease/harrass the women about twice as much as the guys. I saw myself becoming bitter and dreading work, and with my grades being where they are, and where I'd like to have them... well, it was just time. I know I won't be getting a paycheck, which means that purchasing yarn will be by need only. I have enough projects in mind to keep me busy until summer, when I will again (hopefully) have a job. *sigh* Why do people have to be so stupid? Ugh. Ah, well, on that slightly depressing note, I'm off to take my cookies out of the oven and head off to the mall w/ some friends. Tata!
Binding Off.

1 Comments:

  • At Mon Mar 05, 12:45:00 PM 2007, Blogger Pixie Purl said…

    The Arwen looks good...except aren't you doing the cable pattern on the front? I know you start that after the hem turning round....just curious!
    Don't forget to bring your yarn this weekend for our yarn dyeing party! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home