Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Monday, March 19, 2007

Knit-a-holic

Chocoholics, Shopaholics, Workaholics.... and Knit-a-holics. People who spend too much time devoted to the first part of the "aholic" word. Sadly, unlike workaholics, my "aholic" spends my money to feed my addiction. Eh, I've come to terms with my "aholic" and have learned to embrace it!

I wound those 900 yd. skeins of hand-dyed (by me) lace weight Knit Picks yarn. Oi. That's a mouthful. The first one took maybe a half hour to wind, because I had help. My boyfriend (God bless him and his willingness to endure my whims) held the hank and my cousin Candice and I each took an end and began to roll. The second I did on my own, while working on the computer. Worst mistake ever. I should have just waited until Wednesday when I go to Jessica's to knit... It took me a grand total of 3--- count 'em, 1-2-3 HOURS to finish winding one ball of yarn. 900 yds of yarn looks like such a daunting task when you first begin...








And when the thread is this tiny...

...it is such a relief to finally finish winding and end up with two giant green balls of yarn!!!
In other news, I've worked on the baby hoody, Arwen, and the Bunny:


And also picked up an old project of mine.


Way back when, I started a sweater that says "Cool Girls Knit" on the back underneath an intarsia yarn and crossed needles (skull and crossbones). I ran out of yarn, and eventually bought the rest, and it has been sitting waiting for me to pick it up again. It's made from the Cascade Superwash Wool, which is very soft. Anyway, I picked it up again and was knitting along when I noticed something strange in my knitting...


You see where the arrow is pointing? It's difficult to see from this picture, but every stitch below that arrow, is twisted. I had been knitting with twisted stitches throughout this entire sweater, and have since corrected my knitting... But this little bit of sweater with twisted stitches is going to bug me to no end. I'm thinking about ripping back my new knitting and starting over with my twisted stitches, just to keep things uniform... I don't know, what do you think? Should I leave it and just deal with it, or rip it back?


While I was taking the photos of my knitting, my kitty, Buttercup (don't laugh, I named him when I was in gradeschool), was staring at my knitting rather hungrily, you might say. So I took a photo of him:

Sir Buttercup, Slayer of Skeins and Destroyer of Knitted Works (Also a double agent for Yarn, attacking & devouring moths)

Well, that's about all I have for today. Until next time.



Binding Off.

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Mar 24, 06:19:00 AM 2007, Blogger Sarah said…

    The color on your lace yarn is beautiful. A ball winder and swift are two wonderful tools for a knitter. They are invaluable. I had to get them as gifts because whenever I would intend to purchase them, I would buy yarn instead.

    I think you should rip back on the Cascade Superwash sweater if it bothers you that much. You want to be pleased with and be able to wear your sweater when it's finished.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home