Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Monday, March 12, 2007

Dragons and Trees and Lace, Oh My!

This weekend has been quite the adventure. Most of the things that I had initially planned were changed or cancelled, which I really should have anticipated. I need to just come up with a few things that I would potentially like to do while at home, and then see where my weekend ends up.
But as far as what did happen, Lori (the proud recipient of the Wanderlust Hoodie) and her boyfriend John stopped by on Friday night. She needed little prodding to try it on, and then kept repeating how much she loved it- I'm so proud! She has the photos of her modelling it, and as soon as I can I'll get a copy of them up here. The hoodie is a little bit short, so I'm going to knit up a 4-5" seed stitch band and attach it next time I see her. (She wouldn't give it back to me, haha! I'm afraid I'll have to attach it with her wearing it- makes a knitter proud!)
We watched the movie Domino, with Keira Knightly. That was an awesome movie. Definitely not a family movie- we kept having to pause it when my parents came downstairs- but an incredible movie none the less. Midway through, when my mom seemed to be hanging around and refusing to go to bed, Lori and I decided to take a break and we made oatmeal raisin cookies that were just delicious. My mom even said they were possibly the best oatmeal cookies she's ever tasted. How's that for a vote of confidence? I even got compliments from Ed's mom, which is a real ego boost, because she's got to be one of the best cooks I know.
Saturday ended up being rather hectic, but it all turned out well in the end. I did get quite a bit done- after a "quick" run to the grocery store w/ my mom, Jessica and I stopped by this small store near our LYS called Cake Walk to pick up some frosting gel dyes. Our purpose? Yarn dyeing party! Crazy fun, let me tell you. I took some pictures, but they are all on Jessica's camera, so when I can get some copies, I'll post 'em up here. We were worried about the color, since the bottles were small and we The whole process was a mostly waiting, but after all is said and done, it was fun. My color came out perfectly- a deep forest green. Jessica said she's going to go back to Cake Walk and buy some more of the red. Her color came out, but it wasn't quite what she was looking for, so she's going to add more red and less maroon this time. I'm excited to see how it looks. The yarn is currently hanging at home drying. This weekend, when I come home for Spring Break, it should be completely dried and I can start to wind it. I may take it to the LYS and see if they can do it for me--- there's just so much of it, and it's all lace weight... Ahh, we shall see.
I meant to take photos/have photos taken of the other projects that I've made and given to people recently, and have them model them. Unfortunately, that is one of the cancelled plans. I'll try and get them done this coming week. With the weather warming up, perhaps an outdoor photo shoot is in order--- who knows?
My cousin Emily's Baby Shower is set for April 1st (oh the irony). I'm excited-- the ultrasound says she's a baby girl, and they've decided on Brigid for a name. I bought a few skeins of the Knit Picks Merino Style in the honey to make a cute little cabled hoodie for her. It's going to be so adorable-- the pattern is from Sirdar, and calls for the Tiny Tots DK, but the Knit Picks is better quality. The pattern number is 1656, if anyone is interested. I'll scan in a picture soon, but for now I've got a lot to write in a little time. I'll hopefully get it done by the shower, (which means I'll be coming home for the fourth weekend in a row) and then I can focus my attention on the other projects on (or hovering over) my needles.
I have a slight problem- I can't seem to find my US5 dpns to finish Rachael's second cigar glove! I had really hoped to have them finished by now, but they are MIA. *sigh* Oh the difficulties.
I really should get going though-- more stories later, maybe. I have a midterm to study for tonight! Wish me luck.

Binding Off

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home