Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Monday, March 05, 2007

Distraction.







Ha, yes, I realized I made a mistake with my Arwen sweater. Silly me, I started to follow the front directions and ended up following the back! Well, I've ripped out the 16" of st st and have started again, following the correct pattern with the cables. It's ok- I like working with this yarn a lot, and I just started, so I'm not in too much of a twist about it. Heh, you know you're a Knitter when you can rip out 16 inches of knitting and be okay with it, simply because you enjoy working with the yarn...


The first of these is truer to the color, but the second shows the shadowing better. This is where I am now post-ripping.

I received both the yarn for the baby cardigan that I'm planning to knit for my cousin's first (Brigid, is the baby's name- it's a girl!) and the undyed lace-weight for the Heere be Dragone shawl that Jessica and I have made a pact over. What does it look like? Heere. I'll showe ye...
The picture quality isn't the best, but the detail of this pattern.... Oi! I'm glad we made that pact and are planning to do this together, because even the pattern skill level says it's a challenge! I'm stoked. This weekend, Jessica and I are getting together to dye the yarn w/ kool aid. I'm hoping for a dark, emerald green color and she's going for a blood red. Let's see what we get! The yarn as it is now looks like this:
I hope to get the color right, as this will be my first dyeing experience. I'm so excited!
Well, I suppose that's all for now.
Binding Off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home