Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Progress

One sleeve. I've finally, after ripping and reknitting, finished one sleeve of the Wanderlust hoodie. Not only that, but I'm about 1/5 of the way finished with the second! I just want this project off my needles, and on Lori's shoulders! Ah!

On the way back from Chicago, I finished the Center Square hat on the front page of the new Knitty. It's in green and orange- a great fall hat, and it looks really nice. In retrospect, I should have done the green first, but what's done is done.




I've started a few new projects to keep me from going crazy. One is the Wine and Roses mitts from the Winter 2006 Interweave. I'm doing it in the variegated purple Lorna's Laces- I can't wait to see the finished project.

Lately, I find myself splurging on the more high-end yarns. I bought some of the Tilly Thomas- the stuff that normally runs $40 a skein- at my LYS. Granted, she was having a 40% off sale for an hour, so naturally I took advantage of that. I bought a bunch of other yarn there, as well. Hopefully I will be able to get some of these intended projects done by summer.

The Spring 2007 issue of Interweave came in the mail today- my roommate laughed at me because I got excited about it! There aren't too many patterns in there that scream "KNIT ME!" but there are at least two- a cardigan, and a pair of Entralac stockings that made my stomach to flipflops. That is going to be a fun project...

Ed's boxers are nearing their finish, as well. I have one and a 1/4 sides left to do, and the butt flap is already finished, buttonholes and all. I'm intrigued to see how this little experiment will turn out!

We had a snow day today, which totally blew my mind. First of all, in the history of the University of Illinios at Urbana-Champaign, there have been a whopping total of 3 declared snow days. The last one was in 1977. 30 years later, we not only have one snow day (today) but because of the rate at which the snow is falling, and the fact that it's not supposed to stop until 2morro night, means that tomorrow, classes are cancelled as well! How about that?! Getting to 2morro's Knitting Illini meeting may be difficult, but I'm willing to make the trek to sit and chat it up over a latte while knitting with my friends.

Speaking of KI, I've started a blog for the group. My hope is to have everyone join and post their own blogs. I'm hoping to start giving knitting lessons for anyone interested. I figure if I can get it started, I can have a little spare cash to feed my addiction... Hahaha. I think it'd be a cool/fun experience. I'm also offering (free) advanced knitting for the current KI members, in case people want to learn some new techniques (cabling, intarsia, and hopefully soon entrelac).

I hate it when people scoff at certain techniques in knitting, like lace, for example, saying "it looks so hard, I could never do that". It's aggravating when people so dedicated to knitting don't explore the more complicated designs just because they are a little intimidating. My philosophy-- try it! If you screw it up, rip it out and try again. Or move on to something different. Ah, well, not everyone can be so adventurous with such a passive pasttime-- lol.

Well, that's about all for now. I'll try and keep updating more frequently!\

Binding Off

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home