Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Sunday, January 28, 2007






Well, I've upgraded to the new Blogger. I know, shame on me for leaving one of my groups in the dust. It had to be done. The new Blogger uploads pictures properly....

This particular specimen is one of the cigar gloves from Knitty.com. I made these for my cousin Steph's birthday/Christmas gift. Also along these lines, I will soon be making another pair for my younger sister, Rachael, for her Christmas/EARLY birthday. The yarn is pictured below:




I hope to get at least the first glove finished by Feb. 9. That way I can tell her there's hope for me yet!





Pictured here is the butt flap for Ed's boxers. As you can see, my deadlines escaped me. *sigh* At least certain people are patient enough to wait for the finished product.







I'm planning to gradually purchase more of this yarn to make a sweater for my mom. It's 100% cotton, so I'm positive that she can wear it. Also, it comes in her colors! I'm still hunting for the right pattern, but I know it's out there!



This little orange tote was a gift for me from my Schneider Grandparents- it's so awesome! There's places for needle storage, as well as a divided section for yarn and WIP. The pocket in front is perfect for notions and such. I'm planning to take it with me to Knitting Club this Wednesday. It's so neat, and small, and portable!





I splurged. I bought myself a skein of Lorna's laces. *tsktsktsk* Well, I'm proud to say that I haven't bought any yarn since I've been back to school. *pats self on back* But unfortunately, that's because I really haven't had a lot of free time. Like thousands of other Americans, my new years resolution is to work out more and lose weight before Spring Break. Ed has been really helping me out, keeping me motivated and hunting for healthy recipes that we can try together. It's always nice to have an excuse to eat healthy/tasty foods. The meals are made better simply because he's there with me, helping to cook.

Something I doubt you know, that has nothing to do with knitting, is that I got a tattoo about a week ago. I went with Jessica, Jonah, Rachael, Steph and Candice to get similar tattoos, all in honor of our Gramere. The cross is St. Brigid's cross (her [& my] confirmation name was Brigid) and the rosary beads are lavender, just like her favorite herb/color/scent. The center piece before the cross has a 'G' in it, for Gramere.

I miss her so badly. Today, I went to mass at the church in the neighborhood. I was feeling rather homesick, and had managed to keep myself from crying in the pew until in the middle of one of the hymns, there was a flute solo. I sat there with tears streaming down my face, hoping that no one would notice. Kind of a sad day for me. Ed and I went out to Applebee's for dinner, though, which helped a lot.

Ok, it is now 12:19 AM, I have class tomorrow, and I also need to wake up early to finish up some homework that I managed to put off in order to write this. (smooth, Becki, smooth).


Binding Off

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home