Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

RIP

I figured that title would be appropriate on a few different levels.
A week and a half ago, on Dec. 10th, my beloved Gramere passed away. It has really messed up the last few weeks of my life, but my place was by her side and with my family. Enough tears have been shed, and I'm sure there are plenty more to come. But for now, we have each other and our memories.
I keep thinking how, just a few months ago, she had mentioned picking up knitting again. She was the one who taught me how to throw my yarn and gave me my first set of needles. Oddly enough, they were something like 2's and I had the hardest time working with them. Haha. I'm one of those people who, if you ask me to teach you to knit, I will give you the biggest size needles I have, because they produce things faster (because newbs tend to not have the patience for quality and small stitches...wonder why?), and the stitches are a lot easier to see, which truly comes in handy when attempting someone to identify their own mistakes!
Unfortunely some things cannot be taught. And I've realized just how deep I am in over my head. By Saturday I need to have stitched the leather palms onto my dad's gloves, have completed two pair of the Cigar gloves on Knitty.com, as well as two scarves (one of which I haven't even decided on a pattern yet) the Wanderlust Hoodie, and that pair of boxers from some issue of Vogue K1. *sigh* ChHristmas knitting sucks. Maybe I should narrow things down next year... Oh no! I also need to knit and ship a pair of socks to my friend Alex in England! I completely forgot.... Oh, I can feel my wrists cramping as I type. This is going to be one hell of a knitting week.....
Somewhere in between knitting projects I also am doing a fitting for altering a wedding dress, as well as the prom dress for the bride's sister... Not to mention shopping for the gifts for those people that I'm NOT knitting for, and possibly making gifts for them by other means that yarn and needles because I'm a poor college student who hasn't worked in a month and still hasn't cashed her last paycheck. *sigh* I need to get my self in order. First order of business: SLEEP.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Binding off

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home