Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Christmas Knitting=Hell on Needles

I never thought I could curse knitting. Yet, here I am, cursing it. To be fair, I'm more cursing myself for taking it upon myself to knit. Christmas gifts, specifically. It was not a very intelligent idea. I currently feel so swamped. I have three weeks to finish my outstanding projects, so that when I get home for Christmas break, I can work on the final two projects and be done with everything.
My dinner tonight consisted of popcorn and water. I'm so healthy.... Something in my cupboards (nothing, rather) tells me I should hit the grocery store this week. I suppose I could go another week living on pretzels, yogurt, popcorn, and applesauce. There is some chicken in the freezer, I think. I don't know. I think I'll test myself. See how long I can last without spending a fortune on food. Save my money for non-knitted gifts.
I finally finished my CPH, and I have only one sleeve and the hood left on the WH. I found a good use for my multitude of embroidery floss, as well. It works wonderfully for sewing up the seams. I have so many colors that I can nearly match any of the yarn I have.
On the drive home, I cast on the adult devil hat from Stitch N Bitch Nation. Another gift, this one for my friend Nicole (AKA Kitty), so in reality it isn't a devil hat, but a kitty hat. I'm using the variegated Atacama alpaca in black and grey. It's knitting up really cool and I'm excited to see how the ears turn out.
I found this pretty, easy, leaf lace scarf pattern on Knitty. And I've got the yarn for it. Let's see if I have the time to knit it. I suppose I should get going, do some knitting. Check in later.

Binding Off

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home