Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Friday, October 20, 2006

A lesson well learned.

I should have taken the hint from Lori's experience. I should have known that naming something after a dead person is NOT A GOOD IDEA. She named her goldfish after Macbeth. Yes, I know, he's a fictional character, but he died a rather gruesome death. Barely 2 months passed, and the goldfish died.

Yesterday, I decided to clean my fish tank. It was a little green from the algae, so I took Steve and Irwin out, and put them in a baggie w/ water. I thoroughly cleaned the tank with hot water- just hot water, nothing else. Then I put everything back and put the happy little fishies in their clean home. They were peachy and swimming around when I left for work. When I came home, they were no longer peachy. Dead, lifeless, and utterly depressing in such a scene of bright colors. I gave them a burial at sea, with Chay and her friend Tristes (sp?) as onlookers.

May they rest in peace in their porcelain tomb.

R.I.P. Steve & Irwin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home