Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

If at first you don't succeed...

....try another method. I've got the photos working. To the right you'll see the front left panel of Ed's boxers. I've altered the pattern quite a bit, lengthening it to fit his personal needs. In other words, the sizing chart is off, so I added an extra 6 stitches to the largest size, and then knit for a total of 5 inches longers than the pattern calls for. He'd better appreciate the work that goes into these...
This is the back of the Wander-lust hoodie that I'm working on. It's a really pretty pattern, and very complex, but it's repetitive so at least there's that. I've actually gotten quite a bit farther than from when this photo was taken. I suppose delaying the post was a little less than intelligent. I'm nearly finished with the back, and I only hope that I have enough yarn to complete the whole project. I suppose I should have thought that through before starting it... Oh well, that's what online yarn stores are for!
I've decided that tomorrow, come hell or high water, I will make it to Needleworks (the only yarn store w/in imaginable walking distance of me). I have a two hour break in my classes, so I figure I'll use that time to go to Needleworks. It's a bit of a trek, but I'm sure I can make it. If not, next time I'll just take the car. There's a parking lot, and I don't recall seeing meters, so I may just get lucky...
Something interesting happened to me the other day, and I completely forgot to mention it. I was early for my mythology discussion and the preceding class had yet to exit, so a few of my classmates were sitting on the floor outside of the classroom, waiting. One girl immediately caught my eye. She was sitting with her head bent over two needles, clicking madly away as she knit in a simple seed stitch patterned scarf. My first reaction was to sit directly next to her and engage her in conversation. Today I saw her before lecture, and we talked and ended up sitting together. I believe I have found a new friend. Now if I could just remember her name....
I believe I remember mentioning that my manager, Aaron, just had a baby boy. I knit up a quick pair of booties from Stitch and Bitch Nation. They're not intricate, or expensive- just simple booties that stretch to fit for longer than a month. And I believe that I have discovered a sort of glitch in inserting pictures into posts. I seem to have an unnegotiable limit of 2, because the booties won't show up! One more attempt, and then I just start putting links instead of pictures.
*sigh* Fine, this is the direct link to the Baby Booties.
As you may have noticed, the progress bar for the gloves for my dad is at 100%. I'm not removing it, simply because they are not completely finished. They are completely knit, but that's not the whole project. So until they are fully assembled, I will leave that WIP bar up. This link will take you to the picture of the two gloves.
The pumpkin, for those who care to know, was a gift from Ed's mom to me. She also gave me a carving knife for it, which I intend to use soon. I'm also thinking of baking the pumpkin seeds like my mom used to. I know it's a long process, but I think it would be interesting to try.
It's late, and I should be sleeping. I do have class in the morning, after all... Until next time,

Binding Off

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Oct 11, 06:08:00 AM 2006, Blogger Pixie Purl said…

    Wow-lots of progress! WooHoo :) I love the booties...they are sooooo cute! Also-pumpkin seeds are easy to make-they just have to sit for a while, but the actual work involved is minimal (I plan on making flavored ones this year-like garlic) Miss U!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home