Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Monday, October 30, 2006

I cannot wait for the Winter issue of Interweave Knits! I saw a few projects that I would absolutely love to do in the preview. One of them is the tweed beret. You remember how I said I was going to have a few extra hanks of the Donegal tweed from the CPH? Well, the beret calls for Tahki Donegal Tweed, 1-2 skeins, depending on the size. I figure I can use the left overs from the sweater. It's really adorable, and looks simple too, which is always a plus. Simple projects lately have been the more appealing ones.

Speaking of the CPH, I have sewn the shoulder seams and have around 4 or 5 inches on the hood knit up already. I'm shooting for completion by the end of this week.

As for my other projects, I'm about half way finished with the opera gloves that I'm knitting for my mom in merino wool. I'm too lazy to go find the tag for the yarn and tell you exactly what it is, but it's merino sock yarn in veriegated greys and white. I can only hope that it's soft enough for her. She's sensitive to certain wool, but merino seems to be okay for her. If not, then I may be giving these to someone else, and choosing yet another project for her.

The tweed gloves are lined, incredibly warm and soft, and look beautiful! I'm headed to Meijer tomorrow, so maybe I can pick up a cheap digital camera while I'm there. I honestly cannot believe how much I depend on having access to a camera! I miss having that wonderful kodak of my dad's... No one uses it, save me. I finally set up the dock on my dad's computer, but still. The last time I went home was for my birthday, a month ago. There were no new pictures, and the old ones were still stored on the camera! It's a shame to see such a great piece of equipment sit on a shelf, gathering dust in it's disuse. I feel almost guilty...

By rights, I should be working on other projects rather than sitting typing this blog, but it called to me. In other news, I've written nearly two pages today in the fantasy novel that I'm working on, and my inspiration is coming from multiple facets of my life. *sigh* Ok, ok- I'm going to peck at my homework for the week. Farewell. Until next time:

Binding off...

1 Comments:

  • At Tue Nov 07, 06:21:00 AM 2006, Blogger Pixie Purl said…

    Did you get it yet? Toooo many beautiful projects and I went and bought the yarn to make the sweater on the cover while I wait for the Arwen yarn to come in lol...not like I can cast on for it right now anyway :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home