Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Since my computer is messing with me

I guess my internet doesn't want me to add any more pictures to that post.

The next project I am thinking of scrapping altogether and starting anew. I'm attempting to make a pair of gloves for Ed's Gramma, but the cotton yarn I am using has no give or elasticity. This makes things difficult, especially since I have no pattern to look on, and so am sort of creating one of my own. I'm thinking of trying something with ribbing, maybe putting a cabled up the back of the hand with a few 2x1 ribs on either side to give it a little more stretch. I also think I should go up in needle size, and drop a few stitches from the CO. We'll see how things go, especially if I can't find a pattern for women's gloves and have to create these all by me onesies!These next few photos are of my stash as it appears in my room. I'm proud of it, and it may be small, but it is mine and it all fits in my room, so I'm happy! The first is of the drawer underneath my bed that holds all the yarn that I will use to make people's gifts, or commissions. The second is yarn for me- selfish, I know, but I haven't even touched it yet, so don't be too quick to judge!

Well, for now this is all. It's nearing 1:00 am and I'm still awake, typing on my blog. I was waiting for a phone call, but I guess I won't be receiving it tonight. Ciao for now!

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Sep 21, 07:21:00 AM 2006, Blogger Pixie Purl said…

    Wow. impressive stash. Some day you may rival mine lol
    I love the gloves so far. I have to alter the pattern for the ones I am making for Mary because my gauge is really off, so we will have to collaborate :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home