Three Twisted Stitches

I have profess'd me thy friend, and I confess me knit to thy deserving with cables of perdurable toughness ~Othello, the Moor of Venice

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Projects


Well, I suppose I've done what I will with this blog template for the time being. Time to actually post some of my knitting! I just finished a pair of lace up wrist warmers in purple SuperWash Cascade 220 worsted weight yarn. They are so comfortable, I just can't wait for fall so I can wear them outside!











I have a few WIPs that I'm hoping to finish sometime before I move into my apartment in August. This is from Knitty's Summer '05 The Man Issue. I altered the pattern a little, putting the words across the bottom of the sweater, and, well, obviously I'm not a boy, so that had to go.
And finally, I got a commission from a girl I game with, Anne. She's asked for a cotton Ravenclaw House scarf for her sister's Christmas present. I was more than happy to oblige.
I've been sick for the past week, so I'm all loopy from medication and just being sick in general. Despite being sick, I did manage to muster up the energy to go see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee talk, and then proceeded to My Sister's Knits where she was doing a book signing. She cracks me up... I ended up buying a US8 16" needle for the sleeves for my sweater while in line. There are always perks to having a world famous author/knitter do book signings in your back store room. She made a pretty penny yesterday! Well, I'm off. I should already be in bed! I didn't realize how late it had gotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home